GeoHab 2022 welcomes abstracts related to all aspects of marine geological and biological seabed mapping, from shallow waters to the deep sea. Topics include, but are not limited to – technological advances in habitat mapping; seabed characterization and classification; habitat modelling; local and national mapping initiatives; anthropogenic impact; data and map sharing/outreach.
You will be allowed 10 minutes for oral presentations, and then a maximum of 5 minutes for questions and discussion. TBD opportunity to give “lightning” talks (5 minutes) depending on the volume of presentations. Presentations should be in PowerPoint (preferred) or pdf format. We suggest 10 to12 slides – definitely no more than 20 for 10 minute presentations! We anticipate that the conference program will be full and therefore chairpersons will have to be very strict in limiting speaker time. All sessions will be recorded and speakers will have the option of making them available via the website
Important Abstract Dates
TBD February 2022
Submission of Abstracts OPENS
TBD March 2022
Submission of Abstracts CLOSES
TBD April 2022
Authors notified of abstract acceptance.
1. Please refer to example abstract located here.
2. Page size is United States standard 8.5 inches by 11 inches (215.9 mm by 279.4 mm).
3. Use Times New Roman font and the font sizes as indicated in the example abstract.
4. A one-page limit will be enforced, so all text and figures must be within this limit.
5. Submit abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify yourself as an undergraduate student, Masters student, Doctoral student, or not a student. Also indicate which of the three global nodes you are in.